Health Professionals' Guide
How It Works
Booking the session
- Customer books a session with specified date and time; we match them to trainer based on best fit.
- When you have been matched we'll contact you on the mobile number you provided at sign up.
- You have 2 hours to accept the session or we'll defer to another PT and it becomes first come first serve.
Contacting the client
- Once you have accepted a session, we'll send a confirmation booking email to you and the customer.
- This confirmation email will contain the customers contact number and details of their booking including session time and date, their goal, and their preferred method of contact (voice or video call).
- Send them a reminder message 30 minutes before the session- that way they'll recognise your number.
- It is the responsibility of the health professional to call the customer at the confirmed booking time. We recommend using WhatsApp video calling.
- The health professional then leads the 30 minute session following the best practices below.
- Once the session has been completed you'll need to send us a screen grab of the call to demonstrate the time, length and client phone number are correct.
Submitting the POD
- During the session, you must complete a summary ‘pod’ and email this back to us within 24 hours of the session.
- The pod acts as a summary of the session and succinct action plan. The pod template is below.
- We then forward the POD to the client after giving it a quick check over.
- Payment will be issued to the health professional's chosen bank account following receipt of the POD and confirmation screen grab (see above).
- For repeat sessions the customer can request the same health professional and we will issue a session request to you as per above.
Session best practices
- Sessions should be no longer than 30 minutes. Payment will not be given for any time over this.
- Ensure you have full phone reception/ wifi connection for the duration of the session.
- Ensure you are in a quiet, private place where you will not be interrupted.
- For video calls ensure your mobile device is fixed and stationery, for example on a desk, and not in your hand.
- Ensure that you supply a comprehensive ‘pod’ (see below) following every session.
- Ensure to supply all pods within 24 hours of the session.
- When creating a pod, always use the template below.
The pod is designed to be a way to ensure all clients of HealthPOD receive the same high quality service and actionable recommendations. Here is an outline for you as a health professional to follow.
You will need to fill out the POD template linked below and submit this to us within 24 hours of a session; we then pass this onto the client.
Establishing Goals: Goal, complication, question (GCQ)
Find out their goal and motivations: e.g. ‘I want to lose weight to be healthier and look better’.
Establish what’s preventing them from achieving this goal: e.g. ‘I have a busy job that prevents me exercising regularly and eating healthily’.
Help them formulate a specific question that will serve as the focus for their pod: e.g. ‘how do I lose weight with only 3 hours of exercise a week and limited healthy food options at lunch?’
Try to ask questions that will allow you to formulate KPIs for the client.
- How will you be measuring success? E.g. just weight loss or body fat % or waistline measurement?
- What are their measurements currently? Where do they want to be?
- What does an average food day look like?
- What does an average food week look like?
- What kind of exercise do they do? How long for? How often?
- Are they carrying any injuries?
- How much do they drink?
- Do they smoke?
- What’re their energy levels like?
- How much do they sleep? Etc.
Establishing a plan
When establishing a plan be sure to to explain why you are recommending that plan to them but during the video call- you will be capturing this plan in the pod objectives.
- Talk them through the recommendation you are going to give them.
- Explain the theory behind it so that they understand the process.
- Establish a timeframe: what they need to do by when and when they might want their next session.